The Overall System
The Vector CSM E-Mobility Measurement System contains all necessary hardware and software to perform measurement and testing tasks for eMobility. Therefore it includes:
- Measurement modules, interfaces and software for the acquisition and synchronization of large data volumes of:
- Analog measurement data from high and low voltage environments
- Measurement data from vehicle buses
- Data from control units
- Data logger for recording analog measurement data and data from vehicle buses
- The eMobilityAnalyzer for performance analysis and other calculations in real time
- Software solutions for data analysis and data management
- Decentralized, scalable measurement system for vehicle and test bench with high-performance E-Mobility online analysis
- Extremely compact, robust and interference-free measurement modules for HV and low low voltage environments
- Synchronous acquisition of measurement data from measurement modules, vehicle buses and control units
- Direct measurement of current and voltage in high-voltage cables with up to 1 MHz
- Multi-channel real-time performance analysis
- Raw data recording, powerful signal analysis and evaluation including data mining
The components of the E-Mobility Measurement System are structured into different expansion stages, which can be combined according to the specific application.
E-Mobility Basic Measurement SystemAs core of the measurement system, the Basic Measurement System contains the most important components for mastering most measurement tasks.
Vector Data Logger / InterfacesIf, in addition to analog measurement data, data from the vehicle buses or ECUs have to be synchronously acquired, components of this expansion stage are used. In addition, powerful loggers are located in this expansion stage.
CSM Data LoggersFor the recording of measurement data the data loggers UniCAN 3 can be used.
Data Analysis and Measurement Data ManagementIf more precise analyses or measurement data management in the cloud are required, the Vector software packages of this expansion stage are suitable.
The robust and compact design of all components makes the measurement system ideal for mobile use on test drives and also on test bench.
The E-Mobility Basic Measurement System
The E-Mobility Basic Measurement System is the core of the measurement system. This expansion contains all the measurement technology you need for the most common measurement and testing tasks.
Measurement Modules and HV Breakout Modules
- HV Breakout ModulesHV Breakout Modules
- Measurement of current, voltage, power and shield currents
- Measurement directly in the HV lines increases the accuracy of the measured values
- CAN MiniModules and EtherCAT®-based measurement modules for measurements in the high-voltage and low-voltage environment, such as:
- Flow rate
- and much more
- A XCP-Gateway establishes the connection of all attached measurement modules
- Synchronization of all measurement data acquired with EtherCAT® better than 1 µs
- Acquisition and bundling of CAN measurement data accurate to 1 µs
- XCP-on-Ethernet slave with PTP time synchronization
- vMeasure exp is the software package for data acquisition and visualization
- Integrated eMobilityAnalyzer function library for powerful real-time analysis:
- DC and AC power analysis
- Efficiency analysis of an electric motor
- Efficiency measurement
- Charger efficiency analysis
- Analysis of current and voltage ripples
- Parallel acquisition of the most important values in the high-voltage and low-voltage environment
- Easy combination of CAN- and EtherCAT®-based measurement technology
- Powerful real-time analysis
- Easy scalability for different measurement applications
The Vector Data Logger / Interfaces Expansion
Vector Informatik hardware complements the E-Mobility Basic Measurement System and enables the acquisition of additional data from vehicle buses and ECUs as well as the recording and evaluation of all measurement data. Via PTP (Precision Time Protocol), the data is acquired synchronously with other measurement data. Thus, the internal vehicle data can be easily correlated with the measured values. The configuration is greatly simplified by transferring the measurement configuration to the VP Series Smart Loggers.
Time synchronous acquisition of measurement data from:
Measurement data recording with vMeasure log:
- vMeasure log offers the full functionality of vMeasure exp and the eMobilityAnalyzer function library. Acquired data is recorded and analyzed in parallel, and the analysis results can be used as triggers
- The smart loggers of the Vector VP Series are also ideally suited as measurement computers for demanding measuring tasks (e.g. acquisition and analysis of up to 40 measured variables at 1 MHz each).
- Easy and time-synchronous acquisition of internal vehicle data
- Parallel recording of raw data for subsequent analysis and analysis in real time
- Results of the real-time analysis can be used as triggers
The CSM Data Loggers Expansion
Compact data loggers UniCAN 3 can be used for data logging. With various transmission options for the recorded data (e.g. via WLAN or LTE modem), these robust data loggers are particularly suitable for fleet tests.
Data Logger UniCAN 3
- Acquisition of physical measurement data of the measurement modules
- Simultaneous recording of data from vehicle buses
- Compact and robust data loggers
- Recording of measurement data from the measurement modules and data from vehicle buses
- Various transmission options (LTE modem or LAN)
- Very low power consumption
The Data Analysis und Measurement Data Management Expansion
If additional functions are required for data post-processing, the software solutions from Vector Informatik of this expansion stage are used.
In-depth analyses with vSignalyzer
- The vSignalyzer allows detailed analysis of the recorded data, further evaluation via data mining and automated documentation
- Integrated eMobilityAnalyzer function library
- Manual or automatic evaluation of the measured data
Measurement data management with vMDM
- vMDM (Vector Measurement Data Management) allows efficient management of large amounts of data
- Organization of measurement data in the cloud with user-specific rights
- Comfortable search and filter functions
- Automated data analysis and data mining
- Direct connection to vSignalyzer for automated data post-processing
- Automated data processing and documentation
- Storage of large amounts of data with extensive filter functions