We are looking for a
Support Engineer (m/f)
We are looking for a self-motivated, charismatic individual, with good team working and organization skills. This person will become our Support Engineer to assist customer inquiries and issues, with regards to the data acquisition products CSM develops and distributes.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product questions; suggesting information about products and services
- Fully documents customer accounts by recording customer and issue information
- Maintains customer records by updating account information
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer‘s issue; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide phone, email, IM and remote webhost support to existing customers.
- Develop additional support documentation and assist with training material
- Generate reports of open, pending and closed support issues
- Generate a knowledge base and FAQ system to better assist future customers
- Be a technical liaison for all CSM products and supported 3rd party hardware
- Assist in developing the service process for testing and documentation of service devices
- Travel on occasion to customer sites to provide sales and engineering support
- Travel to Germany, as needed, to receive product training
- Manage loaning, shipment, evaluation, and calibration cycles of a pool of demo hardware
- Assist in miscellaneous projects as seen fit
- 2 or 4 year Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Automotive, Mechanical, or similar engineering programs.
- 1-3 years of experience in Data Acquisition, Embedded, Calibration, or Controls Development.
- Professional phone and email communication capabilities
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Knowledge in Controller Area Networks and protocols
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with a wide variety of sensors and measurement techniques
- Familiarity with ECU and automotive engineering practices
- Technical writing experience
- Experience with Vector CANape, CANoe, CANalyzer; ETAS INCA; ATI Vision is desirable
- Knowledge of XCP on Ethernet and/or EtherCat is a plus
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees**
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- FSA Plan
**Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
HR Contact: Tina Judy
Fax: (815) 444-1674