Shunt-based current measurements under harsh environmental conditions: The CSMshunt device family extends the application range of CAN- and EtherCAT®-based AD MiniModules from CSM.
In conjunction with AD MiniModules, CSMshunts provide precise and safe current measurements from on-board power supply systems and electrical consumers in general. CSMshunts are directly looped into the current path that is to be measured. With additional voltage tap-offs, combined voltage and current measurements are possible.
- CSMshunt with separate measurement amplifier
- CSMshunt passive for the connection to ADMM pro HS and other measurement devices with high-accuracy 50 mV inputs
- CSMshunt fuse for use in a vehicle's fuse box. The safety provided by the original vehicle fuse is maintained!
- CSMshunt open with separate measurement amplifier, without housing
Operating temperature range: -40 °C to +125 °C
High accuracy over the entire temperature range
|Measurement ranges||2,5 A||25 A||125 A||250 A||500 A|
Fields of application:
- Acquisition and monitoring of currents in operating and stand-by phases
- Detection of "power guzzlers" in order to avoid battery problems in standard vehicles
- Monitoring of the sleep and wake-up behaviors of ECUs
- Measurement of discharge/charge currents of the battery (charge balance)
- Monitoring and logging of the battery state, in the case of vehicle transports
- Fault analysis in the service workshop, in the case of a "break down" and other vehicles with electrical / electronic problems
- Long-term monitoring of currents in the vehicle continuous operation
- In conjunction with the high-voltage safe measurement modules HV ADMM 2+ and HV AD TBM 4+ and special sensor cables also suitable for use in high-voltage environments.